Find a School
The Upton neighborhood is home to many great Baltimore Schools. Education is provided here for students from pre-school through 8th grade. All of our schools are tuition-free and balance academics with creativity in order to foster independent thinkers, problem solvers, and leaders. Our schools work to nurture multiple aspects of each child’s development from physical, emotional, intellectual, artistic and social.
Please visit the websites or contact each of the schools below that service our neighborhoods.
- F. L. Templeton Preparatory Academy (Grades k – 5)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue
Baltimore, Maryland 21217
- Samuel Coleridge Taylor Elementary School (Grades K-5)
507 W. Preston St.
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
- Union Baptist – Harvey Johnson Head Start
1211 Druid Hill Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21217
- Booker T. Washington Middle School for the Arts
1301 McCulloh Street Baltimore, MD 21217
*Additional Schools (within 2 miles of Upton)
- Furman L. Templeton Elementary Academy
- Historic Samuel Coleridge-Taylor Elementary
- Booker T. Middle Art School
- Renaissance Academy High School
- Frederick Douglass High School
- Coppin State College
- Maryland Institute College of Art
- University of Baltimore
- University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Baltimore City Community College