- Is interested in a career in public health
- Has limited to no prior healthcare experience or training
- Is motivated to learn new skills
- Cares about the health and well-being of their fellow community members
- And, wants to make a difference!
- Share important details about the program
- Provide a skills-based training on interviewing strategies using the S.T.A.R. Method (Situation, Task, Action, Result).
- Answer your questions
We are reminding anyone considering a career in healthcare to apply to Baltimore Community Health Corps – our newest paid service opportunity!
Operated by Baltimore Corps, Baltimore Community Health Corps(BCHC) is a year-long service opportunity to train and develop 80 full-time AmeriCorps members to serve as Community Health Navigators.
Participants will serve as BCHC Members for a 10-month period with local Baltimore community health organizations including non-profits, hospitals, and grassroots organizations. They can also earn professional licenses in the field (such as a CNA) and a generous stipend to further your education.
- A $30,000 stipend (one of AmeriCorps’ highest program living allowances)
- Health care (plus SNAP benefits for those who qualify)
- Training, coaching, and other supports
It is designed for those with little to no prior healthcare experience but care about the health and well-being of their fellow community members.